lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2008

08 - Book Pg. 49 - Exercise A

Page 49 - Exercise

Read these three journal entries about the same piece of news. Who do you think wrote each one? Match each writer to the paragraph.

1 - Soo Mi's sister
2 - Soo mi's mother
3 - Soo Mi's friend

A)
Yesterday Soo Mi told me she's decided to go to college in the United States next semester to study fashion design. I've known Soo Mi all my life, and I know this has always been her dream. I remember when we were kids, Soo Mi used to talk about wanting to live in New York so she could get involved in the fashion world. It wasn't just talk either. She's always designed her own clothes. She's so creative. i'm sure she's going to do really well in New York.
3 - Soo Mi's friend

B)
Yesterday Soo Mi said she's going to go to college in the United States. I tried to be happy for her, but as she talked about it, I realized I was actually jealous. Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to study abroad. Even though it's always been a dream, I've never done anything about it. Now, if Mom and Dad spend the money to sen Soo Mi abroad, I wonder if they'll have any left to send me away next year. I know I should be happy for Soo Mi, but it's difficult for me.
1 - Soo Mi's sister

C)
Yesterday morning over breakfast, Soo Mi told us she's decided to go to college in the United States next semester. She couldn't have picked a worse moment to tell us, and a bug argument broke out over everything from family expenses to who will do the work she usually does around the house. I felt bad, but it's really true. Not only will everyone have to work harder to pay for her expenses, but her absence is going to cause a lot of additional problems for everyone. I don't think she has thought this through carefully.
2 - Soo Mi's mother

No hay comentarios: