lunes, 3 de noviembre de 2008

11 - Book Pg. 69 - Exercise A

Read the composition and choose the best thesis statement.

My high school years were an incredibly exciting time of my life.
I have notheing but regrets about the time I spent in high school.
When I think about high school, I have both good and bad memories.

When I think about high school, I have both good and bad memories. During high school, the future seemed very far away. Now that I'm older, I think about those days a lot. I remember things that I wish I hadn't done or had done differently. I also remember things I did and would never change.
I have only one regret about the time I spent in high school: I should have taken more advanced classes. For example, I had the opportunity to take an advanced English class, but decided to take the regular class. I made that decision because I didn't want to study too hard. I also wanted to spend more time with my friends. Now I'm in college and have to take a beginning English class. I wish I'd studied harder in high school!
I'm glad that I had an opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities. I was a member of the gymnastics team. We practiced every day after school and had competitions on Saturdays. We even won several competitions! My teammates became my good friends. Now I know that extracurricular activities are important because you can learn about responsability, discipline, and teamwork.
Good and bad experiences are a part of everyone's high school years. Is it possible to learn from these experiences? I think it is because even the bad ones help to prepare you for the future.

Very true - good and bad experiences are necesary to value things in life.

No hay comentarios: